Kurt Vonnegut: Unstuck in Time

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Kurt Vonnegut. Most know him as the creator of so many amazing books: Slaughterhouse Five, Cat's Cradle... just to name a few. To some, he is an inspiration. A humanist. An educator. A man with profound insights. And whether or not one has actually read anything that the author wrote, I think everyone is pretty much aware of who he is and his importance in the world of literature.

Personally, I have only read four of his books and loved them all. I have yet to read the others, even though I really want to get to them soon. What has always stood out to me the most though is his passion for literature and writing stories that incorporate messages for people and society. He is never afraid to speak his mind, to inform, and to educate others through his words. 

One day, I saw on twitter just floating around that a Kurt Vonnegut documentary was in the works. You can imagine how excited I was. I have to admit I squealed a little. 
This documentary, has been in the making for 33 years now, but due to budget constraints and other aspects, it hasn't been finished quite yet. Robert Weide, who is Kurt Vonnegut's friend and who happens to be a director of many popular movies, is the one who is trying to finish the documentary. 

It's called Kurt Vonnegut: Unstuck in Time. It will show Vonnegut's life as a writer and as a human being. It has priceless clips, interviews, and segments directly from Vonnegut himself. If you're interested in learning more of what will be in the documentary, please watch their pitch below and it will explain more than I ever can.

Since this is a Kickstarter project, I did pledge some amount to support its completion. If you liked, enjoyed, loved, and appreciate anything from Kurt Vonnegut, please support too, as this project will definitely be a priceless work of art if successfully funded. After all, after 33 years, one can only hope that 2015 will be the year it gets done. If anything, it at least deserves to be finished. 


5 comments:

  1. How great that Kickstarter has come along to help with projects like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. Kickstarter is awesome! It really gives the audiences a voice.

      Delete
  2. I've not read anything by Vonnegut, I've always had the idea that he won't be for me. But I should try...
    And Kickstarter is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is one of a kind, and I do think his style is not for everyone! It might be good to try though, just to see for yourself :)

      Delete
  3. I pledged and posted on Twitter! I just can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete