First Book in 2015

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

It's always a tough decision, finding the perfect first book to read for the brand new year. This year, I figured I'd pick a book that would not only be a great read, but also something that will hopefully inspire, motivate, and jumpstart the writer and the dreamer in me. So enter the memoir, On Writing by Stephen King. This is a memoir, solely dedicated to his life as a writer, and I definitely respect him as a creator, so this should be perfect for me. 


How about you? Do you ever read about books that are in your area of interest, hobby, passion, or field? I find that doing so causes a huge spark of inspiration for me, and every little bit of spark definitely helps. Anyway, let me know what your very first book is for this year. Happy reading!


Buy On Writing: A Memoir Of The Craft
Add to your TBR

5 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy it! Really, my only true hobby is reading, so any book that ends up being about a woman who loves to read, or a bookstore always makes me happy. :)

    My first book of the year was The Nightingale. And it was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to read about gardening (hobby) & animals (profession) but now I find myself staying away from it. I guess when I read I want to escape reality??

    Before blogging and reviewing I read a lot of travel memoirs and I would like to get back to that.

    My first two books of 2015 were duds lol So hopefully the next will be a good one!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always put do much thought into the first book of the year too : ) I hope you enjoy that one. It's been years since I read On Writing, but I just loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first book was Pride and Prejudice, it was good to start the year with a cosy reread. I've never really thought about picking the first book of the year, it's normally just whatever I am in the middle of!
    Enjoy On Writing, I read it a few years ago and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I agree that choosing a book with which to start the year is a big decision! I went with Ready Player One which was a good choice as it turned out to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete