word of the day.

Friday, September 13, 2013

I've posted about some of my favorite words and some of the worst ones before. I just love words. There's something about them.

Today, I came across this word today while looking for new words to teach some of my 5th-7th grade students at work. I've heard of it before, but nobody really ever uses it in real life, so I never really hear it. But you know when you come across a word and it just strikes you? Maybe because it sounds nice, or it's pleasant to say, or maybe you just like what it means... for whatever reason, this word stood out to me. And even though it does have different definitions, this one caught my attention. 

Adamantine
(adj.)
unbreakable

It's a nice word to describe a strong bond, or a strong relationship. It's also a nice way to describe somebody who is strong, and someone who never gives up. 
I like it. 


1 comment:

  1. +JMJ+

    I learned this word when I was reading X-men comics, because Wolverine's claws are made of adamantium. ;-)

    ReplyDelete