The Bell Jar + Seattle

Monday, January 7, 2013

Since I haven't yet found the 'perfect' next book to cure this incredibly annoying reading slump disease, I decided to reread a book I read and liked a lot. Now I'm only a few chapters in this book, but reading it makes me realize that this really must be one of my favorites. It's a very depressing book to read, but it's such a great and realistic work nonetheless. I highly recommend you read it at least once if you haven't already. 


In other news, I am currently in Seattle, Washington for a mini vacation. I'm only here until Friday so I thought I'd ask you guys if you're from here - or have visited here before - if there are certain bookstores I MUST visit. 


Also, I am curious to know what you LAST read and what you are currently reading at the moment. Let me know! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season, and have a great new year ahead!

4 comments:

  1. I need to read The Bell Jar. I haven't yet because I'm worried it will be totally depressing, but I do want to read it sometime soon. I just need to build up my courage.
    I'm reading Life of Pi at the moment and not loving it. The last book I read was Rape Girl by Alina Klein, quite good but not exactly a light read either (though it's quite short).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your slump! When I had one a couple of years ago I got out if it by indulging myself in my favorite genre (memoirs.) I often read fiction and history and mix in nearly all other genres (except genre fiction, ironically) but during that time I mixed in nothing. All memoirs all the time for a couple of months. Also, the book that got me in the funk in the first place needed to leave my house as it was giving off bad juju. That worked for me.

    I am reading The Orchardist by Amanda Copeland which I was dreading and thought I would surely hate (it's for book club) but turns out I am liking it pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Elliott Bay Book Co is awesome. Have fun in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We will try to go there. I just looked up pictures based off your suggestion and it looks like heaven!

      Delete