i do not love you as if you were salt-rose or topaz..

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I have shared this poem on this blog a couple of times already, but I figured that with every new follower that visits, it's a new opportunity to share it yet again. I just can't help it - it's my favorite poem, from one of my favorite writers of all time.

To me, Pablo Neruda just captures his emotions and thoughts - usually all for his wife - in such a beautiful and effortless way. And this sonnet, to me, is the best I've ever read.

(click photo to enlarge)

Do you have a favorite poet? Or perhaps a specific piece? Please let me know about them! I love discovering new poems, sonnets, and prose.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh...romantic. This is one of my favourites, too. I also love Robert Frost's "road less taken" poem (not sure if that's the title or not).

    ReplyDelete
  2. O he is so amazing. I want a book of his that is in Spanish and English so I can enjoy the poetry and practice my Spanish. GREAT share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a book of Neruda's poetry at home and have been meaning to read it for far too long. I think you've just tipped the scales into the must read category.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Neruda and this is one my favorites of his :) This poem is simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teacher/learner - Yeah I believe you're referring to 'The Road Not Taken.' That one is very good too :)

    Juju - I'm glad you like him too! I highly, highly recommend 100 Love Sonnets by him. It's a pink book and it's a Spanish/English compilation of most beautiful love poems!

    Melissa - It's also nice to read a poem or two a day or something instead of in just one sitting :)

    naida - I know you love him too, and you like this one!

    ReplyDelete