two book haul memes in one!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

This week, I'm doing two book haul memes! The usual, In My Mailbox, from Kristi from The Story Siren, where we feature books we received this week. And a new one I want to do more often - Bargan Book Bonanza from Baja Greenawalt's Cozy Book Nook, where we feature bargain books!

Birthday gifts from friends:
  • Where She Went by Gayle Forman
  • The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan
Bargain books:
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - $3 - BRAND NEW
  • The Color Purple by Alice Walker - $3 - BRAND NEW
  • Villette by Charlotte Bronte - which I have never even read! - $4 BRAND NEW
  • Watchers by Dean Koontz - thanks to Delphyne for the recommendation - $3
  • Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky by Chris Greenhalgh - $2
  • The Borrowers by Mary Norton - $1
What did you all get this week? Comment below or link it!

10 comments:

  1. Those are some awesome bargains and happy belated birthday! Really great books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover of the Throne of Fire! Happy reading! :D

    Giada M.
    http://dr-stravagante.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love teh cover for Wuthering Heights and its a great deal too. Happy reading all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you got some great deals!! I like the Wuthering Heights edition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for joining BBB this week! What great deals you found-- and some are new books! Wow!

    I would've picked all of them--- in fact, The Color Purple was one of my bargain books from my first Good Will haul. Read it recently and loved it-- very close to the movie for a book from what I remember but I intend to rewatch the movie to compare.

    DeLynne posted about the Coco movie but I'm not sure if she read the book yet. I started the Borrowers at school but never had a chance to finish it-- love the movie though. And you know I love Watchers-- but I no longer own a copy.

    Ooo-- I'm booklusting over your BBB!!!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cover of Wuthering Heights!

    Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky is a great summer read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Your friends know you well. Lesa is right, I have seen two of those movies, The Color Purple and Coco & Igor, both in French. I had forgotten that I first saw TCP in France when it was released. So maybe I should watch it again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vy - thank you!

    Giada - So do I!

    Jenny - It's unique looking, isn't it? :)

    naida - It is so artistic looking; very unique!

    Juju - I remember you saying it was your favorite!

    Lesa - I have never read The Borrowers either but loved the film as a kid, so I knew I had to read it :) And I just love the cover for The Color Purple. I have read it in high school but didn't have a nice copy of it!

    Letter4no1 - Yes, it's so artistic looking; I love it!

    Delynne - Thank you! :) I have seen the movie, Coco & Igor as well and liked it. I thought the book might be better though so I wanted to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. +JMJ+

    I love it when books are both brand new and priced at a bargain! =D

    The Borrowers is one I've been hoping to find myself--whatever the condition. Retail price is just too high! =(

    Have you read Wuthering Heights before, Jillian?

    ReplyDelete