stress and other things.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

2am and blogging. Not really sure why I'm writing this here, or at all for that matter, but to be honest, I'm just feeling so many stupid overwhelming things all at once! Just feeling stressed and gloomy as 'real life outside of the blogging world' is getting a bit too crazy for me.

I'm sure you've all somehow felt this way before. Feeling overwhelmed with everything you have to do, but not having enough hours during the day, not enough months in a year, to accomplish those important things. Feeling like time is running out. And then feeling like you've failed or getting left behind by everyone else who's moving forward when you haven't done what you're supposed to do in a timely manner. And then you're left there with multiple tasks piling up even more. You wonder, where do you even begin?

Ah. Forgive this dramatic post - such a downer! But just felt like I had to write it down to get things off my chest. I might even delete this post when I'm feeling much better, which I'm sure will be soon. And then normal blogging and usual old me will resume. But in the meantime, I hope you guys don't mind<3

8 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad, I totally understand the feeling of time running out and the need to get what troubles you out of your chest. Hang in there, I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. I've been feeling like that a lot lately with college coming to an end and work piling up and friend drama. It does get too much at times but thankfully I have blogging as an outlet where I can just unwind and do something I really enjoy. It's fine to feel like this and understandable. Do what you have to do but remember to have some fun too and not stress yourself out too much :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite quotes when I get stressed and overwhelmed is: "when eating an elephant, take one bite at a time." turn your stress into a to-do list of little, managable tasks...you'll feel great every time you accomplish something little and can check off another task!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aWW *hugs!* Feel better soon. I am sure this is simply a phase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This describes my week. I try to remember to take the day in front of me and make the most of it. I can't change what I failed to accomplish yesterday and tomorrow isn't here yet. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you are feeling stressed.

    Some things I do to help when I get overwhelmed....

    -early night
    -change in routine
    -a treat just for me (doesnt have to be big)
    -call that friend I have been meaning to catch up with (they usually feel same way and that makes me feel better knowing I am not alone)
    -escaping from tech, tv, internet, mobile (these things are making us all feel much more rushed)
    DO hope you are feeling less overwhelmed very soon.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you smiles, whiskers, and lemonade. Those always cheer me up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so very much for your comments! I feel much better now. It was only that one night that I was feeling out of it!

    ReplyDelete