hop hop hop!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Welcome to my blog! If you came here from the Book Blogger Hop over at Crazy-for-Books and Follow Friday from Parajunkee's View, thanks for visiting! This is where I talk, rant, rave, and gush about all things, books!

This week, Jennifer asks, "If you were given the chance to spend one day in a fictional world (from a book), which book and would that place be?"
I wrote about my favorite and not-so-favorite fictional places here, but I think it's a tie between Rivendell (from LOTR) and Hogsmeade (from HP)!

And Parajunkee asks us to put down five quirky things about you.
1. I watch make-up tutorials from Youtube at night to make me sleepy.
2. I hate book creases and folds but don't mind dog-earing.
3. I like putting deli turkey in sweet potato mash.
4. I like to pretend to do some online shopping when I want some retail therapy. I put everything in my "shopping bag" but never actually check out.
5. I own 6 different copies of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - my favorite novel in the Classics genre. I still continue to collect more.

I would love to check your blog out as well, so please leave your link here if you can. Also, visit me on Twitter! Happy Friday, everyone!

19 comments:

  1. I know a lot of people that do that virtual shopping thing, but it doesn't really work for me!

    Happy friday =]


    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi & Happy Friday!

    I am a new follower :)

    My answers for this week hops are at http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have about 6 copies of Jane Eyre, I love it and always have!!

    Jules

    I'm already a follower

    Please feel free to stop by my blog -http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rivendell would be an amazing place to visit.

    I have a friend who collects editions of Pride and Prejudice. Not sure just how many she has now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!

    I'm new follower hopping by. GFC inga

    You can find my answers here: http://www.ingasilbergbooks.com/2011/05/follow-friday-blog-hopping-6.html

    inga from http://www.ingasilbergbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was thinking of LOTR too - Hogsmeade would be good, with some butterbeer!

    I do exactly the same with internet shopping, I spend hours looking at clothes i want, but never buying them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Blog!

    New follower...Love your quirky habits! Stop by and visit at http://everydayadventure11.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower here. You can never have too much Jane Eyre! I used to have 3 physical copies but made myself cut back to one in the interest of shelf space. I still have 2 ebook copies in addition to that one remaining physical copy, though. :) Have a great weekend.

    Marla @ Starting the Next Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Rivendell...there are just too many places I'd visit in the LOTR.

    Have a great weekned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower, hopping through! (I love your blog header!)

    I still need to read Jane Eyre. It's on my list to get to!

    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower! Hogsmead would be an amazing place! I love HP. I also dog ear book but lately is has really been bothering me. Happy blog hop :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Retail isn't really ever a form of therapy for me, unless it's a much coveted piece of camera or diving kit. Then it gets pricey! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. New follower!

    I also do the virtual shopping thing! I love it! Sometimes I go back when things are "better" and buy an item or two, though. ;)

    Amanda
    http://www.lettersinsideout.com/2011/05/ff-blog-hop-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate breaking the spine of my books as well. I have accidentally creased some covers a couple of times and I almost cried. It's really sad when that happens. I used to dog ear my books all the time, until my aunt lectured me about it and I haven't done it since!

    Have a great weekend!
    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. I bet there are a tons of different covers for Jane Eyre too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hopping through. I've watched makeup tutorials a few times too. I wear bare minerals so it's good to see how people put it on.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. You don't mind dog earing? Woah - I think you're one of the first bloggers I've seen to admit that! I personally never do.

    Your choices of Rivendell and Hogsmeade are made of 100% sheer awesomeness. We'll get along just fine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, those are the exact same places I would have chosen. I went with Rivendell.

    Make-up tutorials to put you to sleep, eh? I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete