the day I watch this will signify the end of my childhood.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011



I really liked the HP7PT1 mainly because it seemed to be for the fans. It focused on my favorite trio and their relationship with each other, and it just seemed so genuine. Because of that, I have faith that the final HP movie will be the best one out of the 8. And even if it isn't, in my head, it still would be. Haha.

I can not wait for this movie to come out. I am beyond excited! But I also am sort of sad in a way. I know the moment the credits come up and I'm done watching the movie, it'll be the end of a phenomenon that I grew up with. Anyone else feel the same way? It's probably weird, but that's just me, I guess. Anyway, enjoy the trailer everybody :)

P.S. - Notice how every single time Voldemort shouts, it all sounds exactly the same?? "NYEEAAHHHHHH!!!!!!" I should wear a shirt that says that when I watch this.

7 comments:

  1. I'm expecting J.K. Rowling to be writing more HP books. Secretly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get you, and its because we have grown up with them. It is a little like loosing a part of your childhood, I'm slightly anxious about it all :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. I'm so excited, but part of me is dreading the fact that I won't have any more HP related things to look forward to. So bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. +JMJ+

    Your title says it all!

    Since I didn't finish reading the last Harry Potter book until this year, J.K. Rowling's series did not at all define my youth: sometimes I am grateful for that, and sometimes I wish I knew what I was missing.

    I wonder what they're going to do for the epilogue and whether people in the audience will cry.

    (Ah, silly me. Of course people will cry!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comacalm - I'm sure! I just kind of hope she'd someday publish them for the sake of our sanity. Haha.

    Aly - Ahhh me too :/ It's bittersweet!

    Avid Reader - Bittersweet indeed. I guess I still have The Hobbit Parts 1 and 2 to look forward to, but despite my love for LOTR, HP is still my #1 LOL

    E - I see what you mean. I do think that if I just started reading the HP books now, it would've been just a completely different experience. It wouldn't be any less, but I probably wouldn't consider it as such an important book to me, though still a favorite. Oh and I hope they don't do the epilogue too cheesy or anything.. I doubt they would. Either way, I know I'm going to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm sure I'll sob like a baby! I refused to go see Harry Potter 7 Pt1 at the cinema because I was sure I'd cry and embarrass myself even then - I'm a total crier. I've got the DVD standing by to watch one day off when nobody will turn up unannounced! The end of an era indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ellie - I saw HP7PT1 on a midnight showing. I didn't want to but I just couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete