armchairBEA: blogs I always have to read.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Today on Armchair BEA, it's all about nurturing relationships - relationships we have developed with authors, publishers, and of course, other book lovers. I decided to do this post, linking the blogs I always, always have to visit. I love their posts, and even though I fail at commenting sometimes (sorry!) the fact is, I always read what they have to say. Here are some of them, in alphabetical order.


  • A Literary Odyssey - She always inspires me to pick up a Classic, or re-read one. Seriously, without fail. I also like the way she reviews the books she reads - she makes it very personal and relate-able not only for herself but for her blog followers as well.
  • a thousand Books with Quotes - If you like quotes, you will love her blog. She picks the most perfect ones from the books that she reads - and these quotes truly convey what the stories are all about. I am always getting new ideas for new reads through her as well. Oh and she is my Aunt - clearly books run in the family!
  • Baja Greenawalt's Cozy Book Nook - I love all the ladies in this cozy book nook! They are all so very "inspiringly bookish" that I just can't help but drop by their charming blog daily. I just find them to be one of the best to have conversations with, especially Lesa, who I have followed - and has been a follower here - pretty much since Day 1!
  • the bookworm - Love her reviews and taste in books! She features everything from SciFi to Romance to the Classics to poetry, that I believe would suit everyone. And her 'approachable' and genuine personality makes the blog visit even more worthwhile than it already is.
  • Fantasy4eva - Aly's reviews are epic. Haha. I read them all. They're long, but every word she says counts, let me tell you that! She is so meticulous and observant, and her blog post ideas are creative. She also replies to everyone, comments on everyone's blogs, and really, is just very sweet.
  • Imagination in Focus - One of the very first blogs I've followed. She reviews YA/MG and like Aly from Fantasy4Eva, is also very meticulous. Her reviews are detailed, and all her thoughts are explained very well. But one of my favorite things about her and her posts is the honesty. She will tell it like it is, while still being respectful and tactful, and I always respect someone who can balance both.
  • J'adore Happy Endings - Favorite YA International blogger? Definitely. Her reviews are also never biased - she can tell it straight-up if she doesn't like a book. She won't sugar coat it! Plus, love her simple, cute layout. And the blogger behind the blog, Nina, is also such a sweet girl. You'll love to read her reviews.
  • Shredded Cheddar - What can I say? I love an honest, straight-forward blogger that I can have countless bookish conversations with. Everytime I read a post from her, to be honest, I always end up going, "Hmmm. Not quite sure what to say." Haha. She's always challenging me to think outside my comfort zone, which I especially appreciate as well. Again, she's been one of my blogger friends here and love it when she comments - they're conversational and they're more than just your usual, "GREAT REVIEW." ;)
  • Life After Jane - A YA blogger who reads and talks about other genres as well, like the Classics and Romance. I really enjoy her blog and her posts, especially her spunky personality that shows in them. She also offers interesting input that I wouldn't really think of, so it's nice to get to know somebody who doesn't necessarily think similarly as I do. Love her blog, the blogger, and the blog name itself!
  • ~*Loves to Read*~ - Great, honest reviews and super sweet blogger! You should visit her blog if you like YA books. She's one of my favorite YA bloggers for sure.
  • The Avid Reader's Musings - Charming blog posts - from her reviews, photo posts, and book discussions. I always want to have bookish conversations with her. She just has this approach that makes you feel like you're friends, if that makes sense. Visit her blog!
  • The New Dork Review of Books - This guy always provides interesting input on various book and reading-related topics. Whether or not I agree with his opinions, I always respect him for being able to tell it like it is, without sugarcoating anything for anybody.
  • The Story Siren - the goddess of Young Adult blogging. Need I say more?? I don't think people realize how much work and effort she has put into her blog. I think her accomplishments as a blogger shows how hardworking and helpful she is to everyone. But seriously, if you want to find out about YA books, go here.
  • Loving Books - My favorite thing about her blog are her bookish discussions. I tend to always agree with her about her opinion, and it's always nice to find someone who almost has the same ideas as you! Haha. I just feel like I can relate to her a lot! You should definitely visit her blog.
  • My Girl Friday - Super awesome blogger! She has eclectic taste in books, movies, music, and yeah... she loves fashion. She even does book-fashion cross overs, which to me, is a perfect combination. You need to check out her Polyvore posts! Simply put, it's just fun to be on her blog. It's cute, whimsical, and unique.
  • Tales of Whimsy - I think everyone can agree with me. Juju from Tales of Whimsy wins the best commenter award. Haha. Well at least she always comments on almost every single post I have. Sometimes when nobody else reads my posts, she still does. I appreciate it so much, Juju! And her blog... her layout, her reviews, her random "Yakety-Yaks..." I just love her blog. I visit it regularly, and you should too.
  • third-storey window - Beautiful writer. Eloquent. Poetic. I ADORE HER POSTS so much. I'm always left inspired by her writing.
  • Watcha Readin' Books?: A Teacher/Learner's Blog - Really like her eclectic taste in books as well. She reads everything, and I always like it when I see different reviews and discussions about books coming from many different genres. Not everyone does that, so when a blogger does, it's exciting for me! She definitely does offer great input too - check her out!

---

Of course, there are so many other blogs out there that I love and enjoy visiting too. I can't possibly name them all, because they won't fit. Some examples... Mindful Musings, i swim for oceans, The Perpetual Page-Turner, 21 Pages, Bewitched Bookworms, Books out of the Bookshelves, Consumed by Books, Dreaming of Books, Lily's Bookshelf... gah so many! If you have a favorite blogger, please link them down below!





19 comments:

  1. Rather than talk about bookstores, publishers or bloggers, I'm talking about volunteering. Come see what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also talked about the blogs that I follow for today's topic. From your list, I'm also a follower of Life After Jane, My Girl Friday and The Story Siren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list of blogs, I follow one or two of them but will have to check a few others out. Especially any blog called Shredded Cheddar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way! Ruby at a thousand Books with Quotes is your aunt? I love both of your blogs! It's funny, I read posts from your favorite bloggers (like you) everyday and you often share the same taste in books, so after awhile you do feel like you're friends. I just wish we could all sit and talk books over coffee in "real" life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. +JMJ+

    Thank you for including me in this list, Jillian! =) I'm very happy to know you like my posts and my comments on your blog.

    (Speaking of comments, I was planning to write nothing but "Great List!" on this one, just to see your reaction . . . but you know that's not my style! LOL!)

    I look forward to checking out the other bloggers you recommend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! that's so sweet and cool. :)

    I'm going to visit some of the bloggers I never knew about. ;) Also so fun that your aunt has a bookblog aswell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three cheers for Juju! I don't know how she does it. But that's one book blogger who could write the book about building relationships. She's awesome!

    Joy @ Edgy Inspirational Romance

    (can't log into blogger for some reason).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those who have visited my ABEA posts lately have seen me mentioning all my Skype Sisters a lot. So glad I've found them! They're amazing and I love that our group is always there for each other. And to just be a bit crazy with them!

    My Nurturing Relationships post can be found here!

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete
  9. pussreboots - Good idea!

    Chachic - Yay! Love all those 3 blogs. Would love to see your own post too.

    bookspersonally - Haha yes. Love that name.

    Chrisbookarama - Thank you for dropping by.

    Melissa - Haha yes. I wish we could just do that! Do you ever plan to go to BEA maybe next year? And are you from the West or East coast?

    E - Of course, you are welcome!

    Nina - You are welcome!

    Joy - Agree!

    bex - It's always fun building relationships who share similar interests as you! Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to go to BEA at some point, hopefully next year. I'm from the Midwest, an Indianapolis girl, how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa - We should go next year for sure haha. I'm from California!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, thanks for the props :) You made my week! I also love visiting Avid Reader (Melissa). I think she's an eclectic reader, too. Now I really need to get caught up on my reviews...

    P.S. Sorry I'm late in replying. Blogger has been acting up but all seems to be well today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for the mention! It's great to have kindred blog spirits out there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww thank you for mentioning me Jillian! Very sweet of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. awwww....thank you for including me here! I am flattered :)
    I always enjoy visiting your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sooooo honored to be on this awesome list. Thank you SOOOOOOO much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, thanks for saying such nice things about us Mrs. BG gals. One of the best things about blogging is connecting with 'kindred spirits' and you are definitely that, Jillian. Love all our bookish chats!

    How cool that your aunt blogs books too!!

    Can't wait to visit the other blogs you recommend.

    Hugs!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. We should! It'd be so great to get to meet up with so many other book lovers. I love Teacher/Learner, Lit Odyssey and Shredded Cheddar too. I need to check out all the others you mentioned now.

    ReplyDelete