The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Genre: Young Adult - synopsis
Synopsis: No synopsis for this sequel to The Maze Runner to avoid spoilers.

Rating: 4 stars

Review: Pros: This has pretty much everything I loved in the first book. It is still as exciting, entertaining, and suspenseful. It kept me interested the entire time, wanting to figure out what's the true story behind all of that's been happening. I still find myself rooting for the main character, Thomas, as he is just the type you can easily empathize with. All the other characters -- and the new additions to the list -- are all very likable as they are very complex, and multidimensional.
I still love the way the author, James Dashner, writes as well. He just knows exactly what his readers craves for; excitement and suspense. If you liked the first one, then you will like this one.

Cons: I don't really have a lot of cons for this sequel. There were times that it did become a bit slow for me, but not enough to make me fall asleep -- if you know what I mean. Also, I didn't entirely love this book as much as I did with The Maze Runner, but still, I enjoyed it.

Overall: While it is not as great as the first one, I still really enjoyed this one and loved it to bits. I was entertained and it kept my interest all throughout, and it did not let me down. I can not wait for the final installment! Too bad I still have to wait another year for it..

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jill. This reminds me that I have The maze Runner on my TBR list. Thanks 4 review. hihi....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up a copy of The Maze Rummer, based on your recommendation. It's a bummer that the sequel doesn't quite live up to the first book, but good to know I still have something to look forward to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cj - I'd love to read your review for that when you get the chance to read it!

    holly - It's not as good as the first, but I thought it was still very good :) Have fun reading the maze runner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great highlight of the second novel. I just finished The Maze Runner and loved it, but I'm not sure I want to read the second one.

    ReplyDelete