A Place To Visit in San Francisco, CA

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Note that this isn't a book-related post. I think I'll consider this as one of my 'inspiration' posts. It's random, but hey, this is 'Random Ramblings' after all ;)
**
Shakespeare Garden
Golden Gate Park - San Francisco, CA


If you are ever around the city of San Francisco, here's one beautiful place to visit. A quaint place to go, especially if you want to take a little break from the busy-ness of the city and the crowd. It's sort of a hidden garden, which I love. Not a lot of people know about it so it's really quiet and peaceful.
There are a lot of things you can do here; have a picnic, sit on one of the many benches, read, write, think, get some inspiration, or maybe just admire the simplicity of this beauty. I know my friends and I do all these whenever we go here. Definitely a wonderful place if you would like some quiet time to relax and unwind.
Another thing I love about Shakespeare Garden? The way that its looks change according to season.


Spring time!


In the Summer :)

End of Summer. Almost Autumn.

Winter.

It's places like these that make me love San Francisco. It's so nice to be able to go to these kinds of spots; to be a part of a beautiful world, even for just a few hours on a nice afternoon.

12 comments:

  1. It looks really beautiful. I love San Francisco. I think that everytime I visit..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really nice and friendly. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your rambling. This garden is inspirational. I stopped by via the hop and am now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wonderful spot! Makes me miss SF!

    I'm hopping around finding new blogs, visiting old favorites, and spreading the word that I am giving away A Small Fortune on Rose City Reader. It's my first-ever give away, so I am excited about it.

    I am already a happy follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting post.

    I live in SF, but have never seen the Shakespeare Garden. Where in GGP is it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been there and I live by SF! I'm totally going to stop by here when I'm there this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful garden! I love gardening and visiting gardens in my travels. My brother just moved to SF-- I'll tell him about this garden in case he hasn't found it yet-- then when I visit I'll go see it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so gorgeous! Wish I had access to a place like this every day. I've never been to San Fran :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Clover: It's definitely one of my favorite places here in the city :) Do you visit here often?

    @leeswammes: It's definitely a wonderful place! And you're very welcome! Glad you liked it.

    @Jan von Harz: Inspirational, it really is. I adore this garden. And thank you for following! I will go check out your blog as well.

    @Rose City Reader: Yes, I know you're an 'old' follower, we miss you at Top Ten Picks ;) Haha.
    Do you visit here often?

    @Janna: It's near the Japanese Tea Garden, and right next to the Academy of Sciences. It's quite secluded though! I am actually trying to find a map for GGP but can't find one, sorry! It is at Martin Luther King Jr Drive and Middle Drive East, if that helps at all.
    I'd love to hear from you if you ever get to visit it :)

    @Marie: Look at my comment for Janna as well, if you are looking for directions. I'm sorry I know that's not exactly helpful, but it is quite secluded. I'd love to hear about it if you ever go visit!

    @Lesa: It's an incredible, little place -- a perfect place to read! :) You should definitely check it out if you're ever around the area!

    @Kim: If only traffic and parking in the city was a little bit easier I'd definitely be here almost every day!
    San Francisco is beautiful -- a much smaller and less hectic version of NYC! Haha.

    @Kelly: Thank you, going to drop by your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely pictures. I have only visited San Francisco for a few days in a very cold July.

    Just hopping by this Saturday morning to say hello. If you get a chance, check out my blog at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and enter my 100 follower contest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Kathy Martin: Aw, San Francisco is moody when it comes to its weather. When it's good weather though, it's really quite perfect. I'll definitely check out your blog & contest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely gardens. Doesn't looking at all that green simply make you feel refreshed ?

    Anyway, I'm just hopping by.

    ReplyDelete