Water for Elephants

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Set during The Great Depression and after, the book centers around Jacob Jankowski and his life and experiences in a famous traveling circus.

First of all, I have to say that I just love the idea of this story. It’s truly something I haven’t read about before. It’s not your typical plot, and yes, it is brilliantly written and told beautifully but what caught my attention the most is its depth and substance; mainly about the Great Depression and circus life.

Water for Elephants is entirely fiction, with a mixture of factual information here and there. It’s also quite obvious that the author researched and learned about history and such, making the book not only enjoyable but credible as well.

It is a truly memorable book; one that I would definitely recommend to friends and other bookworms out there. It’s an awesome novel. Read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment