The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Synopsis: Olivia's younger sister is dying. She then writes moving emails and letter to her and about her. The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters is a touching story not only about sisters, but about two women, and the love they have for each other.

Review: Reading the synopsis for this might make it sound like it came straight out of a Lifetime movie. In some ways, it kind of is. And somehow, it seems to work.

Personally, I liked the story. I also liked the characters. The writing was fine and tolerable. However, it was a bit on the cliche side of things. Also, there were many times the book felt like it was just dragging on and on with random philosophical ponderings and what not. Despite this, I do think it's worth reading.

Overall, the plot itself and the story is enough to hold and keep your attention. Thought-provoking, inspirational, touching.. just not enough to make me read this again, or get a copy of it. It also wouldn't be on the top of my list of books I would recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment