The Lace Reader

Sunday, January 10, 2010

This time around, I don’t think I would be able to make a summary of this book. It’s far too complex to sum it up in a few sentences. All I can say is, this debut novel by Brunonia Barry is definitely an unusual story with unusual characters in unusual scenarios. It has a bit of a mystery in it, and seems as if to center around many of women’s issues.

It is a bit slow at first; gradually building up. There is a surprise twist in the end and I did not guess it. I didn’t see it coming.

Unfortunately, another thing that I didn’t see coming was the fact that it was truly disappointing. This story and the characters had so much potential and so much promise; unique and mysterious and wonderfully written narratives. At first it was all compelling, but it fell apart in the end. I would still consider it as an okay book, but I don’t think I’d be recommending this to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment