The Guersney Literary and Potato Peel Society

Sunday, January 10, 2010

This novel follows the story of author Juliet Ashton as she becomes friends with people of in London and Guersney Island just shortly after World War 2 ended. Juliet learns more about the island as well as the people who used to live there and is presently living there through their own stories. She decides to write a book about the people’s experiences.

At first I thought that I wouldn’t enjoy it as much because the entire book is just a collection of letters written by the character, Juliet Ashton. It’s not your typical chapter by chapter type of book, which is more of my style. I was pleasantly surprised though as I was reading. It was very interesting! I liked the characters a lot. The writing is good too, almost conversational and casual. It seems like I was already in Guersney and I knew the people myself. It takes a skilled writer to do that.

I think what’s also quite amazing about this book is how much everything fit and flowed together perfectly, even though the entire book were just filled with letters. I liked it a lot. When I’m not as broke anymore, I’ll get myself my own copy. :D

You have to read this book, very good!

1 comment: