The Art of Racing in the Rain

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm one of those people that picked this book up simply because it had a cute looking picture of a dog. When I read the synopsis and found out it actually was about the dog in the picture, I was sold.

(really short and simple) Synopsis: Enzo is a dog. On the eve of his death, he tells the story of his human companions and the bond that he has and shares with them.

Review: This is one of the best I've read in 2009. It's such a unique thing to do to write a novel from the perspective of a dog. I liked it a lot! It was gut-wrenching, philosophical, funny, sad, and sweet all at the same time. But the best thing about it is how honest it is, talking about the similarities (and differences) between canines and humans. Add in the author's amazing job of making the situations and characters very realistic and also relat-able. And no, I don't think you need to be a dog lover exactly to love this book. I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good novel to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment